WORKING

March 12, 2012 1 comment

Deanna & Jamie

Advertisements
Categories: Uncategorized

Jamie & Deanna – Scale attempt

Image

 

So that was the attempt made by Jamie and Deanna to measure up the full lifesize capsule and then scale it down into a working maquette, it was riddled with flaws, mainly using the cardboard as the supporting structure…

Therefore if we don’t use the cardboard arches, we won’t need the chickenwire…

we spoke to Patrick & Chris the same day about a possible solution because we had hit a mental roadblock, it was suggest we use, poles, tentpoles, wicker or something of that nature to acquire the shape…

this was just the initial thought, I then made the suggestion to Deanna that we still use the base and we have it raised off the ground but we drill holes into the edges of the base and using either a tentpole or wicker poles to get the shape, then we both agreed we have material shrouded over the capsule.

Thanks

Jamie Craven

Categories: Uncategorized

plans for tomorrows session

realistically we need to get the construction of the pod nailed before we do anything else! This is so we know what scale and what materials we need and how much it’s going to cost per team member. Once we have the construction under way and the scale which I will do this week providing all of the team dedicate the time tomorrow to discuss the construction. I have designed 4 different interior spaces but its really not appropriate until will know how this pod will be built and when. We need to start constructing next Monday so we have plenty of time to allow for mistakes and problems we may come across

Deanna

Categories: Uncategorized

basic interior design to be developed.

Deanna

Categories: Uncategorized

Construction 07/03/2012

Regarding the design we have in mind, the 3D clay design. Jamie and myself worked off that design and tried to make a scale model scaled 1:5 . We made the egg shape base from chipboard wood. We also had the idea that the base would be the wood and that we’d make slits in the edge for the cardboard construction. I drew and measured down the scale from life size and cut out the base marking the dimensions of the cuts into the wood, I used to the cutting machinery to form the slits, Jamie used the chisel to chisel the middle of the slit so it was clean. We tried to construct each cardboard skeleton piece but unfortunately this was not working and wouldn’t have sat into the slits right and it wouldn’t have been stable. Jamie rang up 2 different DIY stores including B & Q to get quotes on some materials that we’d need including an 8ft x 4ft piece of MDF wood. We found that the construction of our design has many different errors and problems we will have to work around. Jamie and I had a word with Patrick and Chris about the problem and they mentioned some sort of flexible tend poles and wicker material that will bend into shapes. With fabrics this will encourage a beautiful ambience. Our next step is too look around many different shops and price up the materials we need, still working on a scale model mock up.

Deanna

Categories: Uncategorized

COOL!!!

Deanna

Categories: Uncategorized

Inspiration

Deanna

Categories: Uncategorized